Cross-country skiing in Carinthia – 50 km of rejuvenation
Follow the tracks of winter at Lake Weissensee in Carinthia. A 50-km network of dual cross-country ski tracks and 15 km of skating cross-country ski tracks invites you to enjoy what you like most. Whether Seewiesen cross-country ski track or Panorama cross country ski track, a winter holiday at Lake Weissensee in our sunny, fog-free high valley turns cross-country skiing into a nature experience of the special kind. You kick-start your cardiovascular system and your holiday turns into a source of rejuvenation. And you get your hire equipment at the sports shop just around the corner.
Cross-country ski advantages at Lake Weissensee
Facilities for cross-country skiers
- Outdoor cross-country ski racks
- Lockable ski room with cross-country ski racks
- Facility for drying of cross-country skiwear
- Laundry service
- Waxing corner with waxing table
- Special waxing equipment (ski waxing iron, wax scrapper and surface brush)
- Selection of waxes for cross-country skis (classic and skating)
- Cross-country ski info corner with cross-country ski maps, up-to-date information about the conditions of the cross-country ski tracks, weather forecast, length of the cross-country ski tracks and a folder with recommended tours
- Free of charge cross-country ski maps, recommendations for tours
- Cross-country ski equipment hire
Board for cross-country skiers
- Food and afternoon jause suitable for sportsmen and women
Rest and relaxation for cross-country skiers
- In-house sauna and steam bath
- In-house massage
Competence and service for skiers
- In-house competent advice and valuable tips for cross-country skiers about the cross-country ski tracks and equipment
- For like-minded people: Cross-country skiers' regulars' table once a week
- Overnight cross-country ski waxing service for a stress-free start in the morning
- Tickets for the cross-country ski tracks available directly from the hotel
- Guided cross-country ski tour with a certified cross-country ski guide at least once a week
Cross-country ski track features
- The access to the cross-country track is no more than 300 metres away from the cross-country ski hotel
- The cross-country ski track is groomed and maintained on a regular basis
- Panorama maps and information boards with altitude profiles, levels of difficulty and places for a stop are available at the access to the cross-country ski track
- Signposted network of cross-country ski tracks
- Local cross-country ski school and equipment hire
Cross-country ski services, some for a fee.
Facilities & services are inspected according to the “Q-MTS“ quality management system on a regular basis.
“Q-MTS“ is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 by TÜV Austria cert GmbH.
Cross-country ski equipment hire
Cross-country ski equipment
- The Intersport Alpensport cross-country ski hire shop (www.alpensport.at) is approx. 50 m away from the hotel. You can hire your cross-country skis here. The team is available from 08:00 am - 5:00 pm every day and is happy to provide advice.
- You can also book your cross-country ski equipment before your arrival under www.alpensport.at/online-reservierung.
Cross-country ski waxing service
"The special overnight ski waxing service"
We offer you a special service for a stress-free start in the morning. You can find this service only at the Regitnig: we wax your skis with suitable wax for an early start on the cross-country ski track. Your skis will be professionally waxed by hand. Just ask at the reception for the "Overnight Ski Waxing Service".
Cross-country skiing & more
Apart from our cross-country ski expertise, we at the Regitnig Hotel & Chalets at Lake Weissensee also offer other included services and advantages:
Cross-country skiing & wellness
Just the right thing after a sporty day on the cross-country ski track: relax and relieve your muscles in our See-Spa & Vitaloase. Various saunas, a large whirlpool, tepidarium, chill-out room with saltwater fountain, colour light therapy and wellness highlights with in-house sauna master are waiting for you.
Cross-country skiing & fitness
The Regitnig’s fitness centre also offers plenty of room for activities with equipment by Technogym.
Cross-country skiing & culinary delights
Apart from our cross-country ski expertise, we also put great emphasis on a balanced and regional cuisine. In 2012, the kitchen of the Regitnig was awarded the AMA Seal for Gastronomic Establishments for using regional products of high quality.