- Holiday Facility
- Your Host
- Culinary pleasure made to measure
- Image Gallery
- Order a voucher for the Regitnig Hotel & Chalets
- Rates & Rooms
- Nature & Adventure
- Summer Activities
- Winter Activities
- Weissensee in Carinthia
Cross-country skiing in Carinthia – 50 km of rejuvenation
Follow the tracks of winter at Lake Weissensee in Carinthia. A 50-km network of dual cross-country ski tracks and 15 km of skating cross-country ski tracks invites you to enjoy what you like most. Whether Seewiesen cross-country ski track or Panorama cross country ski track, a winter holiday at Lake Weissensee in our sunny, fog-free high valley turns cross-country skiing into a nature experience of the special kind. You kick-start your cardiovascular system and your holiday turns into a source of rejuvenation. And you get your hire equipment at the sports shop just around the corner.
Cross-country ski advantages at Lake Weissensee
Facilities for cross-country skiers
- Outdoor cross-country ski racks
- Lockable ski room with cross-country ski racks
- Facility for drying of cross-country skiwear
- Laundry service
- Waxing corner with waxing table
- Special waxing equipment (ski waxing iron, wax scrapper and surface brush)
- Selection of waxes for cross-country skis (classic and skating)
- Cross-country ski info corner with cross-country ski maps, up-to-date information about the conditions of the cross-country ski tracks, weather forecast, length of the cross-country ski tracks and a folder with recommended tours
- Free of charge cross-country ski maps, recommendations for tours
- Cross-country ski equipment hire
Board for cross-country skiers
- Food and afternoon jause suitable for sportsmen and women
Rest and relaxation for cross-country skiers
- In-house sauna and steam bath
- In-house massage
Competence and service for skiers
- In-house competent advice and valuable tips for cross-country skiers about the cross-country ski tracks and equipment
- For like-minded people: Cross-country skiers' regulars' table once a week
- Overnight cross-country ski waxing service for a stress-free start in the morning
- Tickets for the cross-country ski tracks available directly from the hotel
- Guided cross-country ski tour with a certified cross-country ski guide at least once a week
Cross-country ski track features
- The access to the cross-country track is no more than 300 metres away from the cross-country ski hotel
- The cross-country ski track is groomed and maintained on a regular basis
- Panorama maps and information boards with altitude profiles, levels of difficulty and places for a stop are available at the access to the cross-country ski track
- Signposted network of cross-country ski tracks
- Local cross-country ski school and equipment hire
Cross-country ski services, some for a fee.
Facilities & services are inspected according to the “Q-MTS“ quality management system on a regular basis.
“Q-MTS“ is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 by TÜV Austria cert GmbH.
Cross-country ski equipment hire
Cross-country ski equipment
- The Intersport Alpensport cross-country ski hire shop (www.alpensport.at) is approx. 50 m away from the hotel. You can hire your cross-country skis here. The team is available from 08:00 am - 5:00 pm every day and is happy to provide advice.
- You can also book your cross-country ski equipment before your arrival under www.alpensport.at/online-reservierung.
Cross-country ski waxing service
"The special overnight ski waxing service"
We offer you a special service for a stress-free start in the morning. You can find this service only at the Regitnig: we wax your skis with suitable wax for an early start on the cross-country ski track. Your skis will be professionally waxed by hand. Just ask at the reception for the "Overnight Ski Waxing Service".
Costs for a pair of cross-country skis: € 6 classic and skating, including professional wax at the right temperature.
Cross-country ski holidays at Lake Weissensee
We are the experts for your cross-country ski holiday here in Carinthia/Austria!
The Regitnig hotel is specialised in the requirements of active winter sportsmen and women away from the piste: competent advice provided by our in-house cross-country ski experts, suitable facilities and many extras guarantee unforgettable holiday moments.
Everyone is different and so are the requirements and expectations of winter holidaymakers, whether athletes in training or relaxation seeking leisure sportsmen and women, whether entire families dedicated to cross-country skiing or the growing number of ladies on the cross-country ski track - they all meet at Regitnig hotel & chalets in Austria.
Cross-country skiing & more
Apart from our cross-country ski expertise, we at the Regitnig Hotel & Chalets at Lake Weissensee also offer other included services and advantages:
Cross-country skiing & wellness
Just the right thing after a sporty day on the cross-country ski track: relax and relieve your muscles in our See-Spa & Vitaloase. Various saunas, a large whirlpool, tepidarium, chill-out room with saltwater fountain, colour light therapy and wellness highlights with in-house sauna master are waiting for you.
Cross-country skiing & fitness
The Regitnig’s fitness centre also offers plenty of room for activities with equipment by Technogym.
Cross-country skiing & culinary delights
Apart from our cross-country ski expertise, we also put great emphasis on a balanced and regional cuisine. In 2012, the kitchen of the Regitnig was awarded the AMA Seal for Gastronomic Establishments for using regional products of high quality.
Cross-country ski region Lake Weissensee in Carinthia
Cross-country skiing in the Weissensee Nature Park - Austria
50 km of dual cross-country ski tracks and 15 km of cross-country ski skating tracks are waiting for you in the sun kissed Weissensee Valley. Cross-country skiing is also possible on alpine pastures: on the Franz-Joseph-Höhe cross-country ski track (10 km) or the cross-country ski track on the Naggler Alm as well as on the Panorama cross-country ski track. Lake Weissensee is an Eldorado for cross-country skiers.
The Lake Weissensee cross-country ski region is well known for its winter activities. Nature’s playground – a name Lake Weissensee rightfully deserves because many winter sports can be combined here.
Cross-country skiing in the morning; ice skating, skiing and snowshoe hiking in the afternoon – a real playground for active sportsmen and women.