Ice skating at Lake Weissenssee
Glide through your holiday
Glide through the winter landscape and feel free: Ice skating at Lake Weissensee is a dream come true. After all, Lake Weissensee in Carinthia boasts a natural sheet of ice of more than 6.5 km² – the largest in Europe. The entrance is only about 100 metres from the Regitnig 4* Hotel & Chalets, which means you can start skating across Lake Weissensee almost in front of your doorstep. Very practical: You can rent your ice-skating equipment directly on site.
Ice skating in Carinthia
To ensure that everything runs smoothly while ice skating on Lake Weissensee, we are always there for you at Regitnig 4*Hotel & Chalets. Our own team of ice masters is also on hand. They check the natural ice surface daily to make sure it is firm and remove the snow with special equipment. Ice thicknesses of over 30 cm are not uncommon and easily carry the ice skaters – but also horses, cars and tractors.
Ice skating on Europe's largest natural sheet of ice
Lake Weissensee in Carinthia is located in the heart of the Weissensee Nature Park. Ice skating for beginners and the advanced is especially fun on Lake Weissensee's natural sheet of ice. Suitable ice skating equipment can be hired locally. Access to ice skating and ice speed skating is possible directly at the 4 Star Hotel Regitnig. There is a designated ice stock curling lane for fans of the ice stock curling sport. Ice hockey players can look forward to a groomed, separate ice hockey rink.
Ice skating advantages at the Regitnig Hotel & Chalets
Regitnig advantage for guests
- Free of charge use of the ice-skating rink, Europe's largest natural sheet of ice!
Hotel facilities for ice skaters
- Facility for drying winter sportswear
- Laundry service
- Winter info corner with up-to-date information about natural ice rink, weather forecast
Board for ice skaters
- Food and afternoon snack suitable for sportsmen and women
Rest and relaxation for ice skaters
- In-house sauna and steam bath
- In-house massage
Competence and service for ice skaters
- Competent advice and valuable tips about the ice-skating rink and ice-skating equipment for ice skaters at the hotel
- Organisation of ice-skating lessons (at a fee)
Ice skating equipment hire
- Our partner, Intersport-Alpensport, is located only 50 m away from the Regitnig 4* Hotel & Chalets. Hire ice skates and winter sports equipment in their online shop before arrival. On arrival, the reserved sports equipment will be waiting for you in the shop.
- Skate sharpening service in the shop (at a fee)
11-Towns Tour at Lake Weissensee
The Dutch 11-Towns Tour is staged at Lake Weissensee every year. Exciting ice speed skating competitions and sporty highlights are watched by an amazed audience. The enthusiasm of the participants in the 11-Towns Tour is infectious! Party fans already look forward to the legendary party tent - “de tent”, as it is affectionately called by the Dutch guests.